Regular activities of the institute
Scope of Activities
+ Research and development of satellite technology:
- Research and develop Earth Observation (EO) small satellite technology.
- Design and manufacture meteorological satellite receiving stations.
+ Research & development of Instrument
- Design and Development of microwave radiometers(L,C,X bands)
- Research of passive microwave remote sensing for determination and monitoring of soil moisture, vegetation water content;
- Research of passive microwave remote sensing for determination and monitoring of sea surface temperature (SST) and sea surface salinity (SSS).
+Remote Sensing Technology, GIS, GPS
- Applications of Remote sensing technology, GIS, GPS for natural resource and environment management, establishment of resource maps, support the territorial planning and establish database on natural resources and environment.
- Develop RS, GIS and GPS integration in different mathematic models and update database by the remotely sensed data.
+ Remote Sensing Applications
- Develop new applications and promote the use of remote sensing and GIS for natural resource assessment and environmental monitoring.
- Develop the software to apply modern image processing techniques.
+ Center for Small Satellite Control and Exploitation
- Together with Small Satellite Project Management Unit – VAST, to participate directly in the preparation and implementation of VAST’s other small satellite projects;
- Perform necessary preparations for technical facilities and manpower resources for the projects of Small Satellite Project Management Unit;
- Manage and to organize the operations and exploitation of VAST’s earth-observation small satellite systems after their respective project phase ends;
- Implement applicable research projects and R&D projects which serve the exploitation efficiency improvements of VAST’s earth-observation small satellite systems;
- Implement other missions assigned by VAST President or by the STI Director.