Functions and Tasks
The main functions of STI are to research the basic issues on space science and technology, research and develop Earth observation small satellites, plan and carry out independent science-technology programs on
space technology and applications of the remote sensing, GIS and GPS for natural resource, environment and disaster management.
- Research and development in the fields of space science and technology, receive the small satellite technology then master it in design, assembly, integration, test, operation and investigation. Deploying applications of space technology in practice, supply the added services in the fields of space technology.
- Develop infrastructure for research and application of space technology: build the key laboratories on space technology, test the space technology facilities, earth observation satellite, earth stations, etc.
- Consult to the State’s management bodies on the policies of developing applications of space technology, legislation of the use of outer space; playing the role of a standing organ helping professionally the Vietnam Committee for research and application of space technology. Supplying information on applications and development of space technology serving management and demands of production and service sectors.
- Training postgraduate staff, taking a part into training in universities and popularizing knowledge on space technology’
- International cooperating in the fields of space science and technology.